WARNING: At the end of typing every detail of my three day weekend in this post I realized that it is a bit lengthy. I apologize in advance.......
This weekend was a very nice three day break from school. I am still trying to figure out where the three days went as I sit in class this morning. Let's start with Friday.......After my adjustment on Friday which lasted until 4:15 I headed back home, home home to be exact. What's the difference you ask? Home is my town home in Lenexa and home home is Mom and Dad's house. I have had to make the distinction because every time one of my friends ask me what I am doing for the weekend I reply I'm going home. My home to them is here in Lenexa but home to me is not. So I came up with a simple solution and just started telling them I was going home home. Now that we have that taken care of lets get back to Friday. After I got home I changed out of my clinic attire into something a little bit more comfortable, some khaki shorts and a t-shirt. Kaci came over and we went up to Top City. We dined at the fabulous and never busy Carlos O' Kelly's and shared some pasta diablo. Ya ya pasta at a mexican restaurant. Trust me though it's the best thing on the menu you should all give it a try sometime. It's a huge bowl of pasta so it can easily be shared to cut down on the bill or if not you will definitely have left overs for lunch the next day. After Carlos we went to the mall and did some shopping. Kaci found some good deals at Old Navy and that was our Friday night. On Saturday we headed up to Kansas City to see if NFM had some good sales. It was a BUST! They didn't have crap for sale. So of course we went to Cabela's. We had a tent and air mattress to pick up that we got a week ago. $100 for a 10x10 tent and a queen size air mattress. That's about all for Saturday's events so on to Sunday. My cousin Jay gets married in less than 2 weeks on June 11th so on Sunday we had his bachelor's party. We started the day off with an 8:15 tee time. We played 2 four man scramble teams. My team was me, Dan Shively, Brian, and Uncle Jimmy. The opposing team was Jay, Shane Miles, Daniel Squires, and George (Katelyn's dad). I typically play alright if I'm by myself or one other person but it has been my experience that when I go golfing with a big group of people I choke. I play as bad as the first time I went to the golf course if not worse. Pressure has never bothered me in sports but for some reason it kills me in golf. There is no doubt that golf is a mind game. Amazingly, the pressure did not bother me on Sunday! =] I actually played pretty well. My drives had a little slice about 50% of the time but not so bad that I couldn't find my ball and my fairway woods and irons were treating me nice. Good thing too because Dan hasn't quite figured out his new swing yet so we needed some good hits from me. My best on the day was about a 50 ft. putt.....ONE HANDED!!! At the end of the round we won by two strokes. After golf we went and had lunch and then headed to the bowling alley. I did a lot of spinning the ball the first round and my score showed it. I'm not sure if I broke a 100. The second game I went for my usual straight down the pike method and did much better with a 164, Jay beat me with a 168 I believe. We got done bowling and headed over to Brian's house to play cards. Somebody, I won't mention his name JIMMY, forgot the poker chips so we played cutthroat pitch instead. I left at about 9 o'clock with Pops. Kaci came over and when Daniel got home we watched I am Number 4. Not a bad movie I suppose and that was it for Sunday. On to Monday....Well since I would typically be in school Monday morning I decided since I had the day off to go ahead and sleep in. Later on Kaci and I built a couple of boxes for the game washers. It turned into an all night event since we painted it with a couple of coats of paint. I'll have to post some pictures later. Unlike my sister Julie, I don't think that far ahead. We put our new tent together in the front room just to make sure we got all the parts and knew how to put it together then got all of my stuff ready to head back up to KC this morning and that was the end of my nice three day weekend.
To kill the boredom of reading this post here's a video for your enjoyment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIwTYL1fwJk
PICTURES!! Post pictures! I can only read picture books...most of the time pop up books...but PICTURES!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood Lord child. I agree with Matt. Need pictures. Also, how come I've never seen this so called washer box game?
ReplyDelete