This very fast, busy week started for me Monday morning, July 4th. I woke up early and cleaned the house so that Mom would not kill me when she got home. Let's just say she likes to leave for fireworks with a clean house so that she can come home to one...... In one week quite a bit of clothes, dishes, you name it piled up in the house. Daniel did his part and cleaned up his crap and did a load of dishes on Sunday and I did my part and a load of dishes on Monday. By Monday night (Tuesday morning) when mom got home, it was as nice as she left it. Anyways, after I cleaned I went and got Duke out to play with him for a little while before Kaci and I headed up to the stand. It was pretty warm Monday so my main goal was to go get him in the water and cooled off. I threw the ball out in the water for him for a while and then put him back up and headed up to the stand. We got done "tearing down" around 2 a.m., brought everything back to the parent's house and then went up to IHOP for breakfast. This tradition has been going for 18 years now. We use to load up and go to Beto Junction for their breakfast but for the last 3 or so years we decided that IHOP in Topeka is way closer and just as good. IHOP was good and Daniel thoroughly enjoyed messing with our waitress. For example when she said that Brea looked tired, Daniel proceeded to tell her that she was a coke addict trying to quit. That was one of many things Daniel told her and the waitress told us at the end thanks and that we were her comic relief for the evening. We left IHOP and got home around 4 a.m. I took a shower, got dressed and ready for school in my clinic attire, talked to Kaci for a little while and then headed to school. Could I have slept for an hour and then came up to class? Ya, but I would have been WAY more tired if I had done that. I am a night person and the hour drive to school wasn't too bad. Plus at 5 in the morning traffic is great. Although there were quite a few cars out on 435 already.

I got to school at like 5:45 and of course couldn't fall asleep so I looked at some CPR notes for the 7:30 quiz our teacher decided to give us. Real cool, NOT. After class, I met with Kaci, Mom, Dad and BRYSON!!!!! They brought the truck up and we went furniture shopping at NFM. I will be living by myself by the end of the month and was in need of a couch and recliner. We found a couch that we both liked and a recliner that I liked and bought them. Well, technically we did not buy them yet. We were approved for 32 months of 0 interest. I realize now that I didn't take a picture of our new furniture for my viewers out there. If you would like to see, come visit me! Also a thanks to my friends Drew Whigham and Josh Popelka for helping bring it in the house. My dad's back thanks you as well. Anyways, I think I finally got lay down and sleep for the first time in over a day at about 12:30.
Nothing exciting happened on Wednesday. I should have been studying for this mornings test but I was still very tired. I got home and took a long nap, went to Walmart for some groceries and to get a money order for PT boards and then came home and proceeded to not study. I did make it through part of the notes before falling asleep.
I woke up early this morning to finish studying for my 7:30 Dermatology test and realized that I may be in trouble. Turns out I dodged a bullet..... I just looked and I got 90 on the test. I got lucky this time. And now I am trying to convince Kaci why she should come up here tonight to see me and go watch a movie. I have some birthday money (enough for gas to get her here and pay for the movies) just for the occasion. I guess you will find out on the next blog how it turns out for me. Wish me luck!!!!! =]
Isn't it nice to have all this studying and testing behind you? Degree in hand. Now all you have to stress about is getting that business going. Peace of cake right?!
ReplyDelete