Thursday, June 30, 2011

Slacker....

       Well, really I have not been slacking but rather busy and with nothing too terribly exciting. I finished off last week with an exam on Wednesday and coasted through class until Friday. I came home Friday night and started helping get things ready for fireworks.

      On Saturday we went up to Davis Fence and set up our stand. It was an all day event starting at 8 in the morning and I believe I clocked out at 9 in the evening. Kaci and I came home to my parents house and caught up on our shows that we watch together on the weekends. I believe we watched 2 episodes of The Voice. If you have not seen it you missed out! The finale was last night but I won't know who won until this weekend when Kaci and I watch it together. Anyways we got to bed pretty late Saturday night and I had to wake up at 4:20 a.m. to go back up to the stand while my dad went to work. Needless to say I was a bit tired Sunday night.

     I woke up early Monday morning to come to school and headed back "home home" after class as we did not have school on Tuesday. The Tri 9 students were taking  exit OSCE's (Objective Structural Clinical Examinations) on Tuesday so nobody had class. I remember back in undergrad or earlier Tri's thinking YES! a day off but soon I will be the reason the rest of the school gets the day off. I have my entrance OSCE's on July 20th. You have to pass these exams if you want to make it to our out patient clinic. So anyways, Monday when I got home I just relaxed for a little while. Kaci and I watered all of my mother's beautiful flowers and garden Monday night for an hour and a half and played with good ol' Duke as well. He was very happy to get out and play all night. We finished off our Monday night watching a downer movie Company Men. Don't bother watching it.

      I woke up again at 4:30 a.m. to head up to the stand. Now you are basically up to date with my life. Oh I had an exam yesterday that I had planned on owning, turns out the teacher still owns it. I got a measly 75; to say the least I am a bit disappointed. But hey, life goes on and I should have another post up soon. I'm working on some movie editing for my next post and am having some complications. As soon as I get that figured out I shall have a post up.

      Oh and most importantly since my last post until now I got to spend some GREAT quality time with my most favorite youngest nephew from Oklahoma, GABE! He is 2 and soaks up every word and thought you throw out there for him. In other words, every minute I spend with Gabe I get a chance to mold his brain! =] I think his parents are still trying to decide if that is a good thing or a bad thing at this point. =] I have already got him on the right tracks. He loves chanting BOO OU, BOO OU!!!! which happens to be his father's favorite team. Kaci taught him to say no way jose, although when he says it, it's just no jose lol. Hopefully this weekend I will get some quality time with my favorite oldest nephew BRYSON!

   And here are some random pics of Gabe helping out at the stand......















1 comment:

  1. I've decided it's a bad thing. However, I've also decided payback is gonna be SOOOOOOOO sweet. Hehe. Muah-haha-haha!

    ReplyDelete