That's right everybody, I am now 22. I know, I know, getting old right? Haha or maybe not. I don't plan on "getting old" any time soon. I still like to stay up until anywhere from 3:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. on most Friday's and Saturday's and of course sleep in until noon the next day afterwords.
So for my 22nd birthday we had Todd Fannin and Jessica Breneman come up to my place in KC to grill supper and just relax and have a good time. (They came up on Friday night so technically it wasn't my birthday until after midnight but who cares, they came up for my birthday) I think I can safely say that we accomplished those goals. Todd and I got the hamburgers ready and then I went out and grilled them. They turned out amazing, or at least I thought so..... Everyone else said they were good as well but who knows, they may have just been being nice to me. I tried a new recipe that I think turned out pretty well. For those of you who are interested here is how I made the hamburgers. The recipe was given to me by my Lion friend Drew Whigham. The key ingredient was crushed club crackers rolled around into the hamburger and fresh jalopeno's chopped up into small pieces and also added into the hamburger. The other ingredients were what I would say most people probably use: garlic salt, pepper, montreal steak seasoning, worcestershire sauce and in mine crushed red peppers and cayenne pepper. Needless to say I like spicy food and I try to always see just how hot I can make my food. Unfortunately, the jalopeno's that we used were not all that hot so I should have used more crushed red peppers as I did not even get my lips burning a little. Regardless, the hamburgers were amazing and everyone did seem to like them.
After supper, I started up the fire pit and we sat out in Metro Kc and enjoyed a bonfire. Not quite the same as at the lake or at our house, but still very relaxing and enjoyable. I will say one thing though, I have noticed that there are A LOT less mosquito's in my backyard in KC than in the backyard back home. At midnight as the fire was still going strong, Kaci and Jessica sang me happy birthday and we had some celebratory s'mores to follow. Some time not too long after that it started lightning. The lightning was nice to watch until it started raining and we were forced to come inside and play games. We all had a blast playing games and hanging out and I believe we finally laid down for bed at some time around 5:00 a.m. Needless to say I slept until past 12.
After we finally woke up, Kaci and I got around and headed back home on my birthday. I figured my parents would like going out to supper with us so that was my birthday plans for at home. Turns out they were not able to go because they had to take Libby (My sister Julie and brother-in-law Casey's dog) to the vet. Duke, my awesome dog =] knocked Libby up on Easter and she had her pups the night before and day of my birthday. Would have been a wonderful birthday present but sadly only one puppy made it :(. Since my parents couldn't go out with us, it was just Kaci and I. We went to Chili's and then watched the new X-Men movie.
Overall, I had a nice, simple birthday and I couldn't have asked for more. Thanks Todd and Jessica for coming up and hanging out, we had an amazing time. You guys are awesome! Also, sorry but I did not take any pictures of the events of my birthday weekend. Still trying to get a hang of the whole take pictures of every moment of your life so that when people read your blog they at least have some pictures to go with it. I will strive to do better next time. =].
Yes, pictures would have been wonderful. Especially one of the burgers.
ReplyDeleteI'll will make another and post a picture just for you sister!
ReplyDeleteSorry we didn't get to go to supper with you. I am really enjoying your posts. You do a nice job. Love you.
ReplyDeleteThis just makes me sad. Poor Libby and her pups. You're 22nd birthday will always be smeared with the sadness of that first litter. Sorry bro.
ReplyDelete