Here a while back I took a course to be certified in kinesio taping. The course consisted of two weekends of class. It was a very hands-on class and we practiced many different taping techniques. If you don't know what kinesio tape is, it's the stretchy bright colored tape that you see olympic athletes wearing.
For example:
This method of taping is starting to become very popular and after becoming certified and taking this course I am even more certain in the ability of the tape. With different techniques, you can facilitate weak muscles and inhibit hypertonic muscles. There are also methods to reduce edema and support ligaments.
I can personally attest that the tape does work. It just so worked out that about 3 weeks after I tore my ACL, MCL and medial meniscus, that I took this seminar. My knee was still very swollen and had poor range of motion. After 4 days with this tape on, the edema was almost completely gone and range of motion was near normal. The other nice thing about this tape is that it lasts up to four or five days before having to take it off. Mine lasted four days and that was with working out and showering everyday. Pretty good tape I'd say.
Another key component of this tape is that it does not limit the motion of your joints like normal white athletic tape would. So you get good support to the structure being taped without sacrificing any motion.
Here is the taping for my knee.
Both ligament support and reducing edema techniques used here.
Here are some tapings that we performed at the seminar
The very nice tape job I did on my buddy Corey
Corey's work...
And my favorite.... This is a taping to help facilitate the wrist extensors.
We did a lot more taping in the seminars but these are the only ones I took pictures of. I was not an avid blogger and picture taker at the time. I apologize.....






Do you know the woman in that picture? Cause it totally looks like your cousin, April Ross.
ReplyDelete