Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Please Forgive Me!!!! I have lots of excuses!!! =]


       Well, I know it has been a very long while since I have last blogged. There have been a few reasons for that.... Mostly, because for the last 2 weeks I was taking finals. I finished up last Thursday with my last final and felt like a free man. Another reason I have not blogged. Typically when I go on my two week breaks between trimesters I don't touch my computer for that time. I'm on this thing enough all day every day at the school. Don't get me wrong, I love this computer but after a while it gets a little monotonous to say the least. 

So I know those of you reading are already thinking, well if you finished finals last Thursday, then why have you not posted since 5 days ago!!!!! Well give me a break, Kaci and I have been quite busy! We pretty much have the house the way that we want it now and I have shampooed all of the carpets. A job I care to not do again really. Talk about the most boring thing I have probably ever done. We got our shower gifts all washed and put away into the kitchen and the place is ready for Kaci to move in pretty much!  And with A MONTH!!! left to go, i guess that's probably a good thing. 

Anyways, back to the finals. I did pretty well on my finals this trimester and got an A on every one of them. My last final on Thursday was a practical final and a bit nerve racking! We had to draw one x-ray set up card out of approx. 50 and perform the x-ray. Doesn't sound too bad, but with having to remember tube tilt, film size, sourced image distance, central ray, patient positioning, and more, it gets a bit overwhelming to say the least. The entire class depends on this one set up so if you fail the x-ray, you fail the class. Put that on top of a horrible grading rubric and you have a way to make me nervous. For example, if you miss tube tilt, not only do you miss all of those points, it also has a cascading affect. Sourced image distance changes with tube tilt, so when you miss that tube tilt you lose all of the points of sourced image distance along with it. Also this grading scale doesn't go by well you were close so we will give you 6 of 9 points available because the patient was pretty close to being set up right but you forgot to internally rotate their legs 15 degress. I know, i'm rambling and you don't care =] so anyways, when i drew my card, the nerves went away and I went to work. I made a dumb little mistake and put the mitchell marker on the wrong side, but nailed the rest of the test. I got a 98 on it!!!!

Another reason i have not gotten around to putting a post up is because I went to Drew's wedding this weekend. Drew is my walking buddy and classmate from Cleveland. We left Saturday morning for Iowa with my good friend Corey (another classmate) and his girlfriend Beth. What was supposed to be a 3 hour drive turned into about 4 and a half. The flooding has closed down I-29 for a good portion of the trip and we had to follow the detours. FYI the detours really de-tour your trip! The flooding that we did see was horrible. A lot of farm ground, buildings, and houses were under water. I'll clarify that the houses and buildings were not completely under water just partially. I have a feeling that it will be a long long time before that ground recovers. Detours and all, it was still a great trip and one that won't be forgotten! Congrats Drew and Brittany!!! I will have pictures from the reception later for your viewing.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the monotony. Sometimes it's more fun to be away from the computer for a while. Can't blame you I guess. You should learn the art of scheduled posts. It helps.

    ReplyDelete