I couldn't even begin to tell you what all we have done in the last month because it has gone by so fast! So I'll just begin with the weekend that Bryson came up and spent the night with us. About 2 weeks ago we went back home and picked up Bryson for him to spend the night with us. He has asked on numerous occasions when he was going to get to come up and help paint and do anything else so we finally slowed down enough to have him come up. We had pizza hut for supper as it was already late when we got back and there was no time for making supper.
Kaci has some Dr. Seuss puzzles and books that I bought her as a graduation gift so we got those out to play with. No, I did not buy her these as a gift because she reads at a 1st grade level but rather for her future classroom =]. We read him one of the books but really he mostly just wanted to put the puzzles together. We helped a little (Uncle Charlie can be impatient now and then ;) ) but Bryson put them together pretty quickly. Here are some pictures of his work
Green Eggs & Ham
Fox in Socks
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
After putting puzzles together we watched Flushed Away a kids movie about a rat. I was not a huge fan, we should have watched Cars 2 again. Bryson really liked it though as we started the movie at like 10:30 pm and it got over at 12:00 am and he did not come close to falling asleep. He is kind of like his momma when watching tv in that he is glued to it! We got his bed all ready and told him to come get us up in the morning when he woke up.
Thankfully he slept until about 10:00!! That's the way to do it buddy I appreciate it. I made us all some pancakes, eggs, sausage and bacon. Bryson got the first serving of pancakes as I was still cooking more. By the time I looked over to see if he was eating, he had already downed the first one and wanted another! So we got him another pancake, an egg, a piece of sausage, and a piece of bacon. He ate all of it! We cleaned up and got ready to go to Lowes for some painting supplies. He was gonna help us paint the kitchen. He loved Lowes although I'm sure that is no surprise to anybody reading this.
After Lowes we went to the main event, something that Kaci and I really wanted to take him to. It was lunch at a place called Fritz's. It is a train themed restaurant that we knew he would love. He was pretty excited when we walked in and immediately started pointing things out. There is a train and track on the ceiling that goes around and serves people their food. So you order from a telephone and wait for the train to bring you your food. The train has a carrier beneath it with the food and when it's your tray, a latch falls down and slides your tray of food off of the carrier and on to a platform that lowers down to your table. Unfortunately, I can not find the pictures of this platform or really even the train and track. You can see the track in the background of a few of the pictures.
When we first walked in. I like this picture because it displays Bryson's boots with the pants all messed up just like you would expect to see from a child dressing himself. Yes Amy, everywhere we went I made sure his pants were messed up and them nice boots were showing.
Just trying to get a better picture
Bryson after we first sat down. He really liked his conductor hat. I'm not quite sure what this face is all about.....
Happy Boy
We let him ride the train after lunch
Workin it out
When we got home from Fritz's, we got to work on paining the kitchen. We let Bryson help for a while but after about 30 minutes of making sure he didn't make a complete mess, I was ready to stop painting. So we went over to the neighbor's house and fed their fish. After that we went out and played on the swings and slide. When we came back in, Kaci had it all painted and done. So Fritz's and the whole time spent with Uncle Charlie and Aunt Kaci was a success.








You don't have to apologize for not blogging. We know you aren't really sorry, otherwise you would post more frequently! Also, Bryson, Gabe, and Barrett are real lucky to have you and Kaci for an uncle and aunt.
ReplyDelete