Thursday, July 19, 2012

So much to talk about

Kaci  and I have so much to be thankful for these last few months and in the upcoming months. First off I did receive my last board scores at the end of June and I am officially done with everything to become a doctor! I have passed all of my boards and met all of my school requirements. Graduation day is rapidly approaching (Aug. 10, 2012)

Actually the last 3-4 weeks I have not even been at the school but rather at an office in Olathe. Dr. Iodice with Advanced Chiropractic KC. He is a great doctor and mentor. I have learned quite a bit from him in the few short weeks I have been helping out there. If anybody reading this in KC needs a good chiropractor or you know of anyone in KC that needs a good chiropractor I would strongly recommend him. He is also the team doctor for the Kansas City T-Bones.

For those of you who have not heard I will be opening my practice in Topeka in the near future. I am down to a few locations that I am interested in renting from. I will keep you up to date. I am thinking Lifetime Chiropractic and Wellness as a possible name. I welcome you to give me feedback and comment at the bottom of the page. Thanks!

So enough about me, now on to Kaci! A few weeks ago Kaci made a very brave decision. She accepted a job for the 6th grade teacher at CAC! Definitely not what she had pictured teaching (she likes the real ankle biters) but is very optimistic and thankful for the opportunity. She has spent the last couple of days meeting the other 6th grade teachers and arranging her classroom. My 6th grade teacher (and one of my favorites) Mrs. Moulin just came back to teaching sixth grade so Kaci will have good people to bounce ideas off of. Also I heard a rumor that the first book they may read might be Hatchet! My all time favorite book ever by Gary Paulson. That's saying a lot because you all know how much I love to sit around and read.

In celebration of my three years of hard work and finally graduating and Kaci getting her first teaching job we decided it is time to go on our honeymoon/first vacation! We are flying to Portland, Oregon on July 30th and driving down the coast to San Francisco and flying back home from Sacramento on August 7th. We are very thankful we are able to go on this trip.

The last news is our living situation...... We absolutely love our town house up here in Lenexa. We have had an amazing couple of years here hanging out with friends and making memories we will never forget. We are really going to miss hanging out and being able to have friends that live up here come over for a BBQ or just hang out. With all of that being said, we are happy to say that we have sold our unit. When you move in here you have to put down a very significant down payment because it's cooperative living. So when you go to move out you have to sell your unit or pay rent on it until someone does move in. So we are very relieved to have been fortunate enough to find somebody that wants to move in at the end of September.

So the question is where are we going to live??? As of right now the plan is to rent my aunt and uncles old house (they are building their new house now and will be moving in soon) by my parents. That will give us a little time to start making money and see about where we want to live long-term.

So sorry for the really long post but I figured I would just fill you in on everything while I was here. And sorry for the no pictures..... We really havn't taken any lately.

1 comment:

  1. Time for an updated living situation post I'd say. And, you should tell the crazy Mary story too.

    ReplyDelete